WHO CAN ATTEND THIS COURSE?
Those who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day to day duties, including:
- Employee representatives;
- Newly appointed Health and Safety Advisers.
Students should already have an underpinning knowledge of safety issues and may already have studied one of NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualifications.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
UNIT IOG1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL OIL AND GAS OPERATIONAL SAFETY
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT IN CONTEXT
- Learning from incidents
- Hazards inherent in oil and gas
- Risk Management Techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- An organisation’s documented evidence
Hydrocarbon Process Safety 1
- Contractor Management
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Permit-To-Work procedures
- Key principles to safe shift handover
- Plant operations and maintenance
- Start up and shut down
Hydrocarbon Process Safety 2
- Failure Modes
- Other types of failures
- Safety critical equipment controls
- Safe storage of hydrocarbons
- Fire hazards, risks and controls
- Furnace and boiler operations
Fire Protection and Emergency Response
- Fire and explosion in the oil and gas industries
- Emergency response
Logistics and Transport Operations
- Marine transport
- Land transport
ENTRY REQUIREMENT AND EXEMPTIONS
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate is a technical qualification and requires certain knowledge before starting the course.
HEALTH AND SAFETY KNOWLEDGE
This course is a specialist sector-specific supplement to the NEBOSH International General Certificate which means it assumes those taking the course will have a good understanding of general health and safety. It is therefore highly recommended that students hold the or equivalent before studying the NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate.
5 days plus exam
Please contact us for available training locations, course and exam dates.
Email us for current prices as well as special discount offers
The assessment consists of one 2-hour examination.