WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
UNIT IGC1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems 1 – Policy
- Health and Safety Management Systems 2 – Organising
- Health and Safety Management Systems 3 – Planning
- Health and Safety Management Systems 4 – Measuring, Audit and Review
UNIT GC2: CONTROL OF INTERNATIONAL WORKPLACE HAZARDS
- Movement of People and Vehicles – Hazards and Control
- Manual and Mechanical Handling – Hazards and Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Control
- Electrical Hazards and Control
- Fire Hazards and Control
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Control
- Construction Activities Hazards and Control
UNIT GC3: INTERNATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY PRACTICAL APPLICATION
- The completion of a health and safety hazard identification assessment of a workplace and report to management.
IS THIS QUALIFICATION RECOGNIZED?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is widely respected by employers worldwide; holders are entitled to apply for Associate Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and it meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) and Associate Membership of International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (AIIRSM).
The NEBOSH International General Certificate also provides the perfect grounding for progression onto the NEBOSH International Diploma.
ENTRY REQUIREMENT AND EXEMPTIONS
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. The standard of English required by students studying for the NEBOSH International Certificate must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. Reasonable adjustments (for exam) can be made for students with average proficiency in English or students who do not speak English as their first language.
11 Days (includes exam)
Please contact us for available training locations, course and exam dates.
Email us for current prices as well as special discount offers
The assessment consists of 2-hr examinations for Units IGC1/GC2 and a practical health and safety assessment of a workplace for GC3.